Sunday, April 22, 2012

Donut Holes


Because I am married to a cop, it is only right that I know some good donut recipes. I am not big on frying things in my kitchen, because I don't like my house to smell like grease for 3 days. Naturally I was very excited when a friend of mine turned me onto a little miracle machine called a Babycakes cake pop maker. It is a George Foreman style appliance used to make cake balls, or in my case, donut holes! Since it is my friend's birthday this week I thought I would bring her some donut holes to celebrate!

Donut Holes
  • 1 1/4 cups AP flour
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs sugar
  • 1 Tbs baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup veg oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 apple cider
  • toppings of choice
Directions
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
2. Add veg oil, egg, and apple cider. Stir until well blended.
3. Fill each babycakes cooking reservoir with about 1 Tbs of batter.
4. Bake 4-5 minutes or until toothpick inserted into donut hole comes out clean.
5. Add topping of choice.





I personally have made these several different ways. This time I chose to make a variety of toppings including the chocolate glaze with sprinkles, powdered sugar, and vanilla glaze. Previously I tossed them in cinnamon sugar and they were delicious. They seem to do a little better if you toss them in some melted butter and then the powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar. This time I tossed them straight into a bag of powdered sugar while they were still hot and they seemed to do ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment